Modern HVACR, Building Automation and Plumbing systems are more sophisticated than ever before. It is crucial that the Mechanical Contractor and other members of the project team use a systematic approach to correctly install mechanical systems and verify satisfactory operation.
The Commissioning process ensures that mechanical and plumbing systems are operating as intended and are providing safe and efficient heating, cooling, ventilation and refrigeration including sufficient indoor air quality, system operability and sustainability. Pierce Associates, Inc. has embraced the benefits of this process, and has implemented procedures and strategies in order to carry out mechanical systems commissioning on all projects.
All building projects are unique, however, substantial construction projects benefit from Pierce’s implementation of the following contractor quality control and commissioning strategies:
- Pre-construction review of the mechanical and plumbing systems design
- Contractor Quality Control (CQC) using a Three Phase process including Preparatory Meetings, Initial Inspections and Follow-on or Final Inspections to ensure compliance with the contract documents during construction for all Definable Features of Work.
- Commissioning including Mechanical Systems Installation and Performance Verification
- NEBB certified Test, Adjust and Balance (TAB) of water and air systems
- In depth Owner’s Instruction and Training
- Timely Architect / Engineer acceptance and seamless Owner occupancy
- Timely, responsive warranty service
In addition, Pierce Associates staff of Professional Engineers, CQC / Cx and NEBB Certified TAB Technicians offer "Dx”, or Diagnostic Commissioning, services. Developers, Building Owners and Users of existing facilities experiencing mechanical system deficiencies or occupant discomfort complaints can be readily diagnosed and corrected.